In the Strength for Life® Chiropractic Clinic, our doctors integrate traditional chiropractic treatments with other important disciplines of natural health care, including:
- Comprehensive instruction in specific rehabilitation exercises to accelerate healing in the areas of a patient’s injury or pain;
- Hands-on therapies to stimulate the repair process in injured and/or inflamed muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Whole-body exercises to improve each patient’s fitness and to reduce the risks of recurring episodes of debilitating pain;
- Postural and gait analysis;
- Examination of the biomechanics of the foot; orthotics when necessary;
- Nutritional counseling to reduce the toxic effects of pro-inflammatory and addictive foods; nutritional supplementation when necessary.
With this comprehensive approach, our doctors help each patient achieve spinal fitness within the context of whole-body health. Stated another way, it is our duty to assist every patient under our care to realize their potential for the freedom of good health.
In addition to in-office treatments, our doctors provide the following pro-active services for the benefit of all patients who enter our clinic.
- Home exercise instruction, reinforced in take-home pamphlets with extensive illustrations and detailed explanations of assigned exercises;
- Frequent group workshops on topics such as: stretching; core muscle strengthening: golf, skiing, and gardening exercises; safe lifting techniques; improving your posture; developing better agility to prevent falls;
- Videocasts, podcasts, blog posts, newsletters, and other health education opportunities in our online community,com.
Our foremost objective in the Strength for Life® Chiropractic Clinic is to help all patients, to the greatest extent of their individual capabilities, become their own primary health providers.
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Josef Arnould received his doctorate in chiropractic in 1983 from Palmer College of Chiropractic. He holds a B.A. from Princeton University and an M.Ed. from Framingham State College. Since 1984 he has practiced chiropractic in Northampton and Easthampton. He has been on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chiropractic Society since 1986, serving as president from 2007 to 2009. He is the author of Stronger After 40, a comprehensive textbook on strength training as healthcare.
Dr. Daniel Godbout has a passion for educating his patients about their health concerns, appropriate treatment options, and the rehabilitative steps necessary to improve their condition. He takes pride in ensuring his patients play an active role in their health care. Focusing on identifying the source of dysfunction, Dr. Godbout develops a plan to reduce pain, improve function, prevent future exacerbations, and restore optimal health
What conditions do chiropractors treat?
Dr. Godbout cares for patients of all ages, with a variety of health conditions. He is certified in pre-natal, pediatric and sports medicine. Chiropractors are especially well known for their expertise in caring for patients with back pain, neck pain and headaches with their highly skilled manipulations, or chiropractic adjustments. They also care for patients with a wide range of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system, involving the muscles, ligaments, discs, and joints. These painful conditions often involve or impact the nervous system, which can cause referred pain and dysfunction distant to the region of injury. The benefits of chiropractic care extend to general health issues, as well, since our body structure affects our overall function. Chiropractors also counsel patients on rehabilitative exercises, diet, nutrition, healthy habits, and occupational and lifestyle modification.
Dr. Roger Berman is a graduate of Northwestern College of Chiropractic. A native of Natick, Mass., Dr. Berman has been practicing in western Mass. for over 20 years. Dr. Berman uses both traditional and lower force chiropractic techniques, a variety of muscle and soft tissue therapies, physiotherapies, and exercises, with the goal of freeing up and conditioning the spine to function at its best. In addition to spinal adjusting, he specializes in adjusting the joints of the arms and legs, and is especially proficient at working with chronic ankle and foot problems