In the Strength for Life® Chiropractic Clinic, our doctors integrate traditional chiropractic treatments with other important disciplines of natural health care, including:
- Comprehensive instruction in specific rehabilitation exercises to accelerate healing in the areas of a patient’s injury or pain;
- Hands-on therapies to stimulate the repair process in injured and/or inflamed muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Whole-body exercises to improve each patient’s fitness and to reduce the risks of recurring episodes of debilitating pain;
- Postural and gait analysis;
- Examination of the biomechanics of the foot; orthotics when necessary;
- Nutritional counseling to reduce the toxic effects of pro-inflammatory and addictive foods; nutritional supplementation when necessary.
With this comprehensive approach, our doctors help each patient achieve spinal fitness within the context of whole-body health. Stated another way, it is our duty to assist every patient under our care to realize their potential for the freedom of good health.
In addition to in-office treatments, our doctors provide the following pro-active services for the benefit of all patients who enter our clinic.
- Home exercise instruction, reinforced in take-home pamphlets with extensive illustrations and detailed explanations of assigned exercises;
- Frequent group workshops on topics such as: stretching; core muscle strengthening: golf, skiing, and gardening exercises; safe lifting techniques; improving your posture; developing better agility to prevent falls;
- Videocasts, podcasts, blog posts, newsletters, and other health education opportunities in our online community,com.
Our foremost objective in the Strength for Life® Chiropractic Clinic is to help all patients, to the greatest extent of their individual capabilities, become their own primary health providers.
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Josef Arnould received his doctorate in chiropractic in 1983 from Palmer College of Chiropractic. He holds a B.A. from Princeton University and an M.Ed. from Framingham State College. Since 1984 he has practiced chiropractic in Northampton and Easthampton. He has been on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chiropractic Society since 1986, serving as president from 2007 to 2009. He is the author of Stronger After 40, a comprehensive textbook on strength training as healthcare.
Dr. Daniel Godbout focuses mainly on spinal and extremity conditions, sports injuries, prenatal and soft tissue care. He specializes in chiropractic care, manual and adjunctive therapies, prescription based rehabilitation, sports performance and nutritional wellness. My professional goals are to meet and exceed individual needs of our patients. Patients enjoy personalized progressive treatment, quicker recovery rate, convenient hours and location, and health education that can significantly improve their daily lives and live a active and comfortable life.
Rehabilitative/Stabilization exercises are often necessary to help the patient “hold” the effects of chiropractic manipulation and soft tissue treatment. Whereas chiropractic manipulation in conjunction with soft tissue treatment will help to eliminate pain and restore proper function, rehabilitative/stabilization exercises will allow the patient to hold the spinal or extremity corrections. Involving the patient in the care plan is just as important as chiropractic care. The patient should ultimately be reliant upon him/herself to maintain their progress, and a transition will occur from passive to active care.
Dr. Roger Berman is a graduate of Northwestern College of Chiropractic. A native of Natick, Mass., Dr. Berman has been practicing in western Mass. for over 20 years. Dr. Berman uses both traditional and lower force chiropractic techniques, a variety of muscle and soft tissue therapies, physiotherapies, and exercises, with the goal of freeing up and conditioning the spine to function at its best. In addition to spinal adjusting, he specializes in adjusting the joints of the arms and legs, and is especially proficient at working with chronic ankle and foot problems