Suns Rising Over Purple Mountains’ Majesty : (American Diet Revolution Breakfast Recipe #2)
One the most patriotic acts you can perform is to eat foods that enhance your health. By eating nutritious foods, you are taking powerful strides toward realizing your individual potential to contribute to the well-being of all other citizens of your community, our nation, and our planet.
This recipe features locally raised, organic: fresh vegetables; eggs and cheese from neighboring pastured animals; and incredibly tasty herbs and spices. In short, this is a perfect breakfast for an ova-lacto, vegetabletarian revolutionary who is fighting for the freedom of excellent health.
- 2-4 eggs (depending upon how big and hungry you are)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red beet, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red/purple cabbage
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms (shitake)
- Sea salt, pepper, basil, oregano, rosemary etc.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut liquid aminos
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of grated cheese (optional)
- In a stainless steel skillet, over low heat on a stovetop, melt coconut oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Stir in spices with spatula. Cover with lid.
- When onions are translucent, add chopped beet, cabbage, celery, mushrooms, and coconut aminos. Cover again with lid.
- While vegetables are simmering, crack eggs and ease them into a small dish. Try to keep the yolks intact.
- When the beet and cabbage pieces are tender to a fork poke, spread the vegetables evenly across the pan and gently pour the eggs on top of the purple mountains.
- Cover the pan again and allow the eggs to cook atop the vegetables.
- When you peek under the lid and the whites have become white, sprinkle grated cheese across the entire mountain range.
- Cover the pan again for a minute or two, until the yolks have a golden glow.
- With a spatula, divide the landscape into separate sections, one for each sun.
Slide the spatula below each yolk mountain and slip it onto a warmed plate.
- To enhance this main dish experience, add a side scoop of sauerkraut and a few raw brazil nuts.
- You will enjoy these rising suns especially if they are accompanied by a mug of tea or coffee.