the Cranberry Expresswhey Smoothie
In our always-on-the-go society, it is a distinct challenge to prepare and eat a nutritious, delicious, and uplifting breakfast before you must be out the door. If this is true for you, the Cranberry Expresswhey Smoothie could be just what you need. You can prepare it the night before and store it in the refrigerator. In the morning, you can sit down and enjoy it with virtually no time required for preparation. If you do not have even this amount of time, pour the cold smoothie into an insulated mug or bottle and take it with you to enjoy at the first opportunity in your day’s journey.
In this recipe, coffee is the liquid base, satisfying those who seek a jolt of caffeine and the powerful flavor of coffee in the morning. If you do not want or need caffeine, you can substitute decaffeinated coffee. If you do not like coffee, a sweet or strongly flavored herbal tea is a great alternative. Vegans, or anyone who avoids dairy products, can use hemp protein powder in place of whey protein. In short, this is a very versatile recipe with which we can meet our nutritional needs and gastronomical desires.
Nutritionally, this concoction is loaded with superb vegetables and fruits, complete proteins, highly beneficial fats, and an abundance of fiber from seeds, vegetables, and fruit.
Ingredients• 16 ounces of freshly brewed coffee (or sweet herbal tea, such as licorice)
• ½ cup unsweetened organic cranberries
• 1 small organic beet, skinned and chopped
• ¼ cup of organic green vegetables or 1/8 cup concentrated vegetable powder
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, ghee, unsalted butter, or heavy cream
• ¼ cup of whey protein powder (hemp protein powder for vegans)
• ¼ cup ground organic flax seeds
• ¼ cup raw organic nuts (brazil, pecans, almonds, walnuts, macadamia)
• 1 Tbsp. cacao powder
• 2 tsp. organic cinnamon powder
• 1-3 Tbsp. organic coconut liquid aminos for sweetness.
• Water as needed for consistency
Directions1. Brew two cups of strong coffee or herbal tea.
2. Pour into a high-powered blender.
3. Put the lid on the blender and start at a low-to-moderate speed.
4. Through the opening in the blender lid, add cranberries, the chopped beet, and greens.
5. Increase the blender speed until the vegetables and fruit are liquified.
6. Gradually add oil, whey, flax, nuts, coconut liquid aminos, powders, and water as needed until your creation reaches a smoothly flowing consistency.
7. Pour into a one-quart glass jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator overnight.
8. This intensive beverage provides at least two large servings of nutritional dynamite!
9. In the morning, if you have a few minutes, pour a mug for yourself, sit down, savor the swirl, and relax a little. Pour the rest into your favorite travel vessel. You are armed, fortified, and ready to conquer your world!